-
A Franklin County judge has ruled against reinstating $300 weekly pandemic unemployment checks for Ohioans out of work. Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine ended the additional federal assistance prematurely last month.
-
The Ohio Department of Job and Family Services has 21 days to decide appeals from people who were denied federal pandemic unemployment assistance, according to a ruling from a Franklin County judge.
-
A Franklin County judge is expected to rule in the coming days on a lawsuit that seeks to restore the $300 weekly checks that the federal government was providing to unemployed people through September. Ohio became one of 26 states that ended the program last month.
-
The state of Ohio overpaid more than $2 billion in unemployment benefits to hundreds of thousands of Ohioans during the pandemic and a significant percentage of that money went to fraudulent claims.
-
Ohio’s Republican U.S. Senator is urging the state to stop providing the $300 weekly federal checks to unemployed Ohioans, which will stop coming September 6 unless another COVID relief package extends them.
-
State labor officials say people collecting unemployment benefits will soon have to once again prove they're looking for work to quality.
-
More than 270,000 people have filed for unemployment in Ohio over the last week, including more than 22,000 who filed first time claims. State officials...
-
Ohio leaders say they plan on paying off the state's debt to the federal government by using funds from the latest COVID relief package. The debt was...
-
Generation Now, the dark money nonprofit at the center of the $61 million statehouse corruption case, last week copped to its involvement and agreed to…
-
Thousands of Ohioans says they're struggling to file unemployment claims through the state's system that is slow and unresponsive. Gov. Mike DeWine says…