Mr. B’s BBQ Shrimp
This recipe was submitted by Amber Knicole, the frontwoman of Columbus funk band MojoFlo. MojoFlo has had a standing gig in New Orleans during Mardi Gras, which got derailed in 2020 due to COVID-19. Mr. B’s is a restaurant in the French Quarter, and this is Amber’s go-to recipe when she is craving some authentic Creole cuisine. (Find more recipes from Mr. B’s here).
- 16 jumbo shrimp (12 per pound, about 1 1/2 pounds), preferably with heads and unpeeled
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning (recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cubed
- French bread as accompaniment
In a large skillet combine shrimp, Worcestershire, lemon juice, black pepper, Creole seasoning, and garlic and cook over moderately high heat until shrimp turn pink, about 1 minute on each side.
Reduce heat to moderate and stir in butter, a few cubes at a time, stirring constantly and adding more only when butter is melted.
Remove skillet from heat. Place shrimp in a bowl and pour sauce over top. Serve atop rice and/or with French bread for dipping.
Broad & High host Kate Quickel is whipping up fun, simple and delicious food in our new food segment called Kate’s Quick Bites. Visit wosu.org/katesquickbites for more recipes and videos.