Is the child in your life on their way to Kindergarten? Set them up for a successful transition to K-12 schooling with this toolkit from our friends at WUCF, our fellow PBS member station in Florida. This toolkit will help your family navigate the development skills needed for kindergarten readiness.
The On MY Way To K toolkit features the following sections:
- How I Grow – Descriptions and definitions of each developmental area.
- Help Me Grow – Simple and affordable strategies to nurture and empower children.
- Let’s Explore Together – Innovative television and mobile resources featuring PBS KIDS characters.
- PBS KIDS Activities – Fun, offline activities encouraging hands-on exploration & conversation.
On My Way To K Activity Calendars
These weekly calendars are packed with fun enrichment activities that take no more than 15-20 minutes and will help prepare your children for Kindergarten! Each week includes short videos, interactive games, and some hands-on exploration.
- America – Independence Day
- Oviparous Animals
- Nursery Rhyme Literacy
How to Use:
- Review activities for the week and gather your materials (listed in the handout).
- Set aside 15-20 minutes of learning time each day.
- Do the daily activity with your child (use accompanying discussion questions and vocabulary)
- Have FUN!
The On My Way to K with PBS Activity Calendar aligns to early childhood standards and complements our On My Way to K Toolkit, but can also be used on its own. The resource provides a whole child approach, understanding that learning is more than cognitive, and includes opportunities for critical thinking, social, emotional, emotional, physical, arts, communication, and collaborative growth.