All WOSU positions must be applied for at jobsatosu.com. Please do not email the stations directly.
WOSU Public Media and 89-7 NPR News seeks an enterprising multi-media journalist who can report for radio.
The successful candidate will generate meaningful story ideas, perform research, conduct interviews and produce news stories for radio, the web, podcasts and other digital channels that meet deadlines and WOSU News editorial guidelines for accuracy, fairness and balance. The candidate actively will engage audiences through social media channels.
The candidate will also serve as a back-up local host of NPR news magazines, engaging and informing WOSU’s audience; integrating local, regional and NPR content for a unique Columbus sound and service; producing and voicing newscasts and local segments of NPR news magazines to meet time, quality, accuracy, editorial and performance standards.
The candidate will participate in fundraising and promotional activities, on-air and in the community; represent WOSU to the industry and community; report local news from WOSU for national programming as appropriate; participate in meetings and in editing and coaching sessions; and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communication or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrable writing skills for radio and digital platforms, professional quality voice and engaging on-air air presence
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, digital audio editing; Photoshop or other image editing
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of Central Ohio
- Two years of experience in broadcast hosting and reporting
- Public media experience
February 25, 2018
Apply at jobsatosu.edu.
Associate Director of Development
Develops and implements short- and long-term plans to secure gifts of $25,000+ from WOSU members and Central Ohio community members in support of WOSU Public Media’s missions, objectives and priorities as set by the General Manager and Director of Advancement.
The focus of the position is to build a portfolio of donors and a pipeline of major and planned gift prospects. The successful individual is strategic, polished, entrepreneurial, interpersonally savvy and is motivated to be out in the community cultivating and managing relationships that drive philanthropic growth for WOSU.
The position offers a great opportunity to build programs and grow their fundraising skills/abilities by working with OSU development colleagues and through regular engagement opportunities with OSU Advancement and the Central Ohio community.
The Associate Director will also exhibit the behaviors associated with the Office of Advancement’s core competencies: Leadership, Continuous Improvement, Teamwork and Collaboration and Communication/Interpersonal Effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least one year of fundraising experience or experience engaging in persuasive activities or sales with external constituents
- Ability to travel and work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Basic understanding of the concepts and principles of fundraising
- fundraising experience in a university
- Previous alumni affairs and development experience.
February 14, 2018
Apply at jobsatosu.edu.