IMPORTANT: All WOSU positions must be applied for at jobsatosu.com. Please do not email the stations directly.
Provide Videography support to WOSU Public Media through single and multi-camera operation, lighting, and audio for field and studio projects; records audio and lights interviews and spaces; works independently or in a team alongside the producers, staff, students, and clients; provides idea generation, story construction, editing, and editorial support for WOSU Public Media video projects; occasionally works independently to produce, direct, shoot, and edit internal and client projects; creates post production video, audio, and animations for projects using current computer editing software; helps maintain videography and editing room equipment, and suggests new acquisitions; cross trains WOSU staff members, interns, and freelancers on a variety of tasks from shooting and editing video to DVD authoring, video compression, and webcasts; assists with studio productions as needed, operates studio camera; lighting, video shading, jib operation, and audio; responsible for maintaining department vehicles; other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two years full time videography experience shooting with professional HD video cameras in a single camera format style, using professional field lighting and audio recording equipment
- Full understanding of DSLR’s, interchangeable lenses and familiarity with cinema cameras that use film-log workflows
- Demonstrated proficiency shooting in-the-field rather than in-studio
- Demonstrated positive attitude working with senior producers and directors and will prefer field shooting above all other assigned duties
- Link to resume reel required
- Flexible schedule that can accommodate day, evening, night, and weekend video shoots
- Able to lift and carry 75 lbs. on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere
- Cinema and film style shooting desired over newscast reports
April 16, 2017
Apply at jobsatosu.com.