Recipe submitted by Charlotte Belland, who is a professor and chair of the animation department at CCAD. Like a true artist, she makes this without following a formal recipe, but did her best to write down the proper proportions for us.
Tip: keep all ingredients chilled so you can whip up this sangria quickly!
- 1 bottle of Shiraz (or any dry red wine)
- 1 12-oz can of Sprite (or any lemon-lime soda)
- 1 20-oz can of Pineapple Rings (100% juice)
- 3 oz. Peach Schnapps
- 3 oz. Grenadine
- 1 Orange
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- Maraschino cherries (for garnish)
Pour bottle of wine into glass pitcher and add:
- 12 oz of Sprite (one can)
- the juice from a 20 oz can of pineapple rings (100% juice)
- some of the pineapple rings (save the rest for garnish)
Cut a ring out of the Orange, Lemon, and Lime and add to pitcher.
Juice the remaining Orange, Lemon, and Lime halves and add juice to pitcher.
Depending on your mood, pick the Spongebob Theme Song or Beastie Boys’ “Intergalactic.” Pour Peach Schnapps for the length of the phrase: “Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?” or “I like my sugar with coffee and cream” Pour Grenadine to either song lyric! (3 seconds = approx.. 3 ounces)
Best served chilled. Add a few cherries and a pineapple ring to your serving glass for garnish.
Kate’s Quick Bites is a production of Broad & High and WOSU Public Media. Visit wosu.org/katesquickbites for more recipes and videos.