Written by: Sydney Sauer
Date: April 6, 2022
This month on WOSU Passport, enjoy new episodes of your favorite dramas and a wide variety of fresh selections. New shows coming this month include Annika (starring Nicola Walker of Unforgotten), dramas focused on Agatha Christie, and early access to Call The Midwife and Sanditon each week. Plus, keep reading to learn which shows will be leaving the platform throughout April and May.
WOSU Passport is a member benefit that brings you enhanced access to the best of public media. Whether you’re looking for a new series to binge or want early access to your favorite show, Passport provides instant access to hundreds of titles—and the selection grows every month.
With the PBS Video App, you can stream Passport on Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire Stick, Google Chromecast and Android TV, or use the WOSU mobile app to watch right from your phone. Become a member today to get started.
Coming to WOSU Passport In April
From imaginative alternative history to a suspenseful murder mystery, each new series joining the WOSU Passport collection in April brings something different to the table. Explore the most exciting new additions.
Annika from Masterpiece
Coming April 17th
Starring Nicola Walker (Unforgotten), Annika is a thrilling new series that follows DI Annika Strandhed, the dry-witted, speedboat-driving head of Glasgow’s newly-formed Marine Homicide Unit, who juggles baffling cases and a rebellious teenage daughter. Annika will be broadcast on WOSU TV in Fall of 2022, but Passport members get early access to all six episodes on April 17th.
Alternative History Dramas: Agatha Christie
If you’re a fan of crime writer Agatha Christie, explore three new alternative history dramas that take a whimsical look at the iconic writer’s life. From research trips to financial fraud, each 90-minute special strings together its own fascinating storyline starring a different Agatha each time.
- Agatha and the Midnight Murders: Discover the writer’s plan to sell a manuscript that kills off her famous detective, Hercule Poirot. Struggling with money and under investigation by tax authorities in America and the UK, Agatha (Helen Baxendale) must come up with an enormous sum.
- Agatha and the Curse of Ishtar: Travel to the deserts of Iraq for an archaeological dig, where the famous crime writer unravels a series of mysterious murders. Lyndsey Marshal stars as Agatha Christie and Jonah Hauer-King is Max Mallowan, the archaeologist vying for her affection.
- Agatha and the Truth of Murder: Join the crime writer as she investigates the murder of Florence Nightingale’s goddaughter, during her 11-day disappearance in 1926. Christie’s involvement in the case influenced her later work. Starring Ruth Bradley as Agatha Christie.
Early Access to Your Favorite Weekly Dramas
In addition to providing online-exclusive content, WOSU Passport also gives you early access to some of the most popular dramas on TV. Watch new episodes of Sanditon and Call The Midwife a week before they appear on WOSU TV.
Sanditon from Masterpiece
Jane Austen’s final and incomplete novel, written only months before her death in 1817, Sanditon tells the story of the joyously impulsive, spirited and unconventional Charlotte Heywood (Rose Williams) and her romantic journey.
Call The Midwife
Call the Midwife follows the nurses, midwives and nuns from Nonnatus House, who visit the expectant mothers of Poplar, providing the poorest women with the best possible care.
Leaving WOSU Passport Soon
Looking for a new show to watch this month? Check out these titles before they leave:
- American Masters | Joseph Pulitzer: Voice of the People (April 11th)
- NOVA | Why Ships Sink (April 17th)
- Antiques Roadshow | Portland, Hour 3 (April 18th)
- American Masters | Garry Winogrand: All Things Are Photographable (April 19th)
- Boss: The Black Experience in Business (April 22nd)
- NOVA | Saving the Dead Sea (April 25th)
- Independent Lens | Jim Allison: Breakthrough (April 26th)
- Secrets of the Dead | Scanning the Pyramids (April 26th)
Plus, catch up on these shows leaving in May:
- NOVA | Nazi Attack on America (May 5th)
- American Experience | Amelia Earhart (May 5th)
- NOVA | Inside the Megafire (May 7th)
- Austin City Limits | Jade Bird / Dayglow (May 7th)
- Wolf Hall (May 9th)
- POV | Through the Night (May 10th)
- Independent Lens | Rewind (May 10th)
- Unforgotten | Seasons 1 and 2 (May 12th)
Interested in any of the shows above? Join WOSU Passport to get access to this month’s brand-new selections and hundreds of existing titles. With content ranging from historical dramas to cooking demos, you’ll never run out of enthralling new shows to watch. Become a member today!
Most Popular Off Air Blog
- 89.7 NPR News
- Classical 101
- Columbus Neighborhoods
- Digital Media
- DTV transition
- HD Radio
- Ohio State University
- On Location Series
- Social Media
- WOSU Friends Board
- WOSU General
- WOSU Passport
- WOSU TV