Written by: Tom Rieland
Date: March 11, 2015
Nonprofits like WOSU Public Media are always looking ahead. What are the new opportunities that might best serve our community? I want to spend just a moment looking back. We want to report out to you, our “investors” about the year 2014. You are part of the over 22,500 members and 200 corporate and foundation supporters and partners who make WOSU Public Media possible.
Here are a few data gems from our new 2014 Community Report:
- WOSU won over 16 prestigious awards for local programming over the past year including “Best Radio News Operation in Ohio” for 89.7 NPR News and two Emmy Awards for WOSU TV.
- A record 7,734 contributors are now sustaining members of WOSU.
- Columbus Neighborhoods: Worthington and Clintonville attracted WOSU’s largest viewing audience within the week each aired.
- Classical 101 broadcast 58 local concerts in 2014.
- 19,733 people have downloaded the WOSU Public Media Mobile App.
- 133 volunteers contributed time and expertise to WOSU.
- 1,045 guests have appeared on All Sides with Ann Fisher and Columbus on the Record.
- Over 12,000 children were reached by our Ready To Learn® preschool program via 75 workshops for 1,035 caregivers.
As a supporter, we invite you to review the entire WOSU Public Media Community Report for 2014.
Most Popular Off Air Blog
- 89.7 NPR News
- Classical 101
- Columbus Neighborhoods
- Digital Media
- DTV transition
- HD Radio
- Ohio State University
- On Location Series
- Social Media
- WOSU Friends Board
- WOSU General
- WOSU Passport
- WOSU TV