PBS KIDS Appy Hour: Elinor Wonders Why Family Learning Session – Introducing Snowy/Rainy Day Resources
Thursday, April 22, 2021 from 6-7 PM
PBS KIDS Appy Hour: Elinor Wonders Why Family Learning Session is an interactive event designed to give parents and caregivers the opportunity to learn alongside their children. Just like you, WOSU Classroom knows that the best way to help children learn is to introduce them to new concepts in a variety of situations and give them opportunities to practice new skills in different ways. This event is free for every child and their family, but space is limited, so please register to attend using the form below.
What can attendees expect to do during the event?
- Watch a PBS KIDS show, ELINOR WONDERS WHY, a new show from PBS KIDS, that encourages children to follow their curiosity, ask questions, and find answers using science inquiry skills.
- Chat about the episode and investigate some of the ideas from the show. We will also explore more digital resources from PBS KIDS. Most importantly, we will have fun!
- Families and caregivers receive a kit that contains:
- Three (3) printable activities
- One (1) pack of crayons
- One (1) ruler
- One (1) Magnifying glass
- PBS KIDS Drawstring tote bag
- PBS KIDS Parent Resources (App Learning Goals one sheet, Parent Letter and ways to continue engagement with WOSU Public Media and PBS KID