The annual WOSU Classroom Impact Award recognizes a passionate educator who displays a commitment to lifelong learning. Educators who embrace a mindset of lifelong learning continue to explore creative and innovative teaching methods and, in turn, achieve better student outcomes. Such an obvious love of learning is infectious and sets an example for students, transforming the way they navigate their world, developing pride in achievement and raising their self-esteem.
Who qualifies for this award?
This award is open to any licensed K-12 educator or administrator who has participated in a WOSU Classroom professional learning opportunity within the past year. Educators should be able to display a commitment to lifelong learning and show how they foster that same passion in their classrooms and communities.
How do I apply?
Qualifying educators may complete the form below to apply for this award. The application window will open on December 20th, 2019, and all applications are due at midnight on March 16th, 2020. Educators should be applying for themselves instead of being nominated by someone else. Help spread the word about this award by sharing the Classroom Impact Award flyer at your school and in the community.
What will the winner receive?
The winner of the 2020 WOSU Classroom Impact Award will receive:
- A $1,000 classroom donation
- An award ceremony and snack break at their school in early May 2020
- An award plaque to display
- A feature on WOSU TV and in the WOSU program guide
- A custom professional development voucher for their school
- A free season pass to attend all WOSU Classroom courses for the 2020 – 2021 school year (equipment not included)
- The winner will be featured in the Fall 2020 WOSU Classroom course catalog
Contact us at 614-688-1109 or firstname.lastname@example.org