This course is designed to get you comfortable using Google Forms as well as using Forms for many classroom applications beyond a simple data collection tool. Forms can be sent to students, parents and staff members alike (regardless if they have a Google Account) and can collect a multitude of information, from formative assessments to individual contacts. The ability to collect, sort, and disseminate information is imperative and Google Forms provides an amazing solution for today’s digital teacher!
Contact Hours: 5
- Reflect upon standard data collection methods and how they could be improved
- Define information that would help increase collaboration, communication, critical thinking and creativity in the classroom
- Examine ways to easily collect and disseminate data that has been collected
- Explore Google Forms to see the different possibilities these tools provide
- Apply newly found ways to gather and utilize information that will benefit the overall classroom experience for all stakeholders
Work through the resources provided below. Already know the content? No problem! Skip to #5 and submit your evidence of learning from the provided Choice Board. Receive a Proficient or Accomplished rating (grading rubrics are provided for each module) from the instructor and you are awarded a badge and certificate of attendance. Graduate credit is available, as well!
1. Bell Ringer:
Let’s get started! Complete the pre-assessment to help provide context and focus to your learning experience.
2. Setting The Stage:
Watch Setting The Stage For Google Forms. Consider how you can use Google Forms to gather and manipulate information to strengthen learning.
3. Play List:
Explore the resources provided below.
Video: A tour of Google Forms
4. Integration In Action:
- What data am I already collecting to use as a classroom teacher?
- How could information I gather be used to help with classroom instruction?
- How can I use these tools to increase collaboration between students?
- How can Google Forms be used to allow students to get instant feedback on their progress in my classroom?
5. Choice Board:
Choose an assignment from the choice board to complete and submit as evidence that you have mastered the information and applications found in the course. Refer to the Choice Board Evaluation Rubric and the Guidelines for Submitting Your Assignment to ensure your evidence contains the necessary elements.
When you have completed your evidence of learning, finalize the purchase process at the bottom of this page.
Take a moment to reflect on the work that you’ve accomplished and where you will go from here.
- How can Google Forms be used to improve the instructional practices that are currently taking place in your classroom?
- How can Google Forms allow new instructional practices to be implemented in your classroom that are currently not available to you?
- Exit Ticket – Show what you know!