Lessons in Matter and Energy Teacher Guide and Assessment Tools
Lessons in Matter and Energy is a series of eight learning modules that demonstrate physical science concepts and phenomena. The series captures some of the most engaging demonstrations presented at the Center of Science and Industry (COSI) in Columbus.
The demonstrations clarify essential properties of matter and the nature and transfer of energy. Accompanying each student module is a Teacher’s Guide, on video, and a set of assessment tools (below) that includes suggested tasks to test comprehension, a scoring rubric, and a student booklet.
Lessons in Matter and Energy is intended to complement curricular resources in grades 4 to 8.
Assessment tools and student booklets
- Banana Hammer Assessment Items
- Banana Hammer Booklet
- Barfing Pumpkin Assessment Items
- Barfing Pumpkin Student Booklet
- The Brachistochrone Curve Assessment
- Breathing Blue Assessment item
- The Brachistochrone Curve Student Booklet
- Glowing Spinach Assessment
- Breathing Blue Student Booklet
- Ice Bomb Assessment
- Glowing Spinach Student Booklet
- Ice Bomb Student Booklet
- Sound and Vibration Assessment
- Shuttle Tile Assessment
- Sound and Vibration Student Booklet
- Shuttle Tile Student Book
If you have any questions for the WOSU Education team, feel free to call 614.292.9678