Google Chrome Extensions are powerful tools and enhancements allowing Google Chrome users the flexibility to add additional functionality to the work they do in the Google Chrome browser. In this course, participants will examine Chrome Extensions providing a firm understanding of what each tool provides and when to choose to use it. Additionally, participants will learn where to find Extensions of the Chrome Store to easily add them to their account. Finally, participants will be introduced to the value of evaluating extensions. Users who understand this process have the skills necessary to build a library of digital tools which serve the instructional needs of all of our students
Contact Hours: 5
- Understand what is a Google Extension
- Understand the purpose and reasons to use Google Extensions in the classroom
- Know how to find and install Google Extensions
- Evaluate Google Extensions to support successful implementation in the classroom
Work through the resources provided below. Already know the content? No problem! Skip to #5 and submit your evidence of learning from the provided Choice Board. Receive a Proficient or Accomplished rating (grading rubrics are provided for each module) from the instructor and you are awarded a badge and certificate of attendance. Graduate credit is available, as well!
1. Bell Ringer:
Let’s get started! Complete the pre-assessment to help provide context and focus to your learning experience.
2. Setting The Stage:
Watch Setting The Stage For Google Chrome Extensions. Think about how Google Apps and Extensions will enhance your digital tools library and give more options to your students to create digital projects in the classroom.
3. Play List:
Explore the resources provided below.
- Google Chrome and Chromebooks for Education (Video)
- How to add and manage Chrome Extensions (Video)
- Google Chrome Store Link
- Google Chrome Extensions to Keep you Organized (Video)
- Ways to Evaluate Educational Extensions (Document)
4. Integration In Action:
Using Google Chrome Extensions provides teachers and students additional productivity tools to produce products which support teaching, collaboration with our peers, and communication with our community. Using Google Chrome Extensions in the Chrome browser in collaboration with additional Google Apps for Education productivity tools allows teachers and students the flexibility to create authentic projects which can be shared with as few as one person or to everyone in the world. As you work through each of the links below, please keep in mind the following questions.
What are a few specific lesson ideas mentioned by educators in the videos?
How do the enhancements of Google Chrome Extensions support student learning?
What are the advantages of using Google Apps and Extensions?
- Screencastify Extension Classroom Activities
- Google Chrome Extensions for saving time in classroom (Video)
5. Choice Board:
Choose an assignment from the choice board to complete and submit as evidence that you have mastered the information and applications found in the course. Refer to the Choice Board Evaluation Rubric and the Guidelines for Submitting Your Assignment to ensure your evidence contains the necessary elements.
When you have completed your evidence of learning, finalize the purchase process at the bottom of this page.
Take a moment to reflect on the work that you’ve accomplished and where you will go from here.
- How does Google Apps and Extensions enhance the Google Chrome experience for teachers?
- How does Google Apps and Extensions enhance the Google Chrome experience for students?
- What is the biggest challenge you saw or foresee when including Google Apps and Extensions in your lessons?
- Exit Ticket – Show what you know!
Ready to earn your badge and get credit for this five-hour course?
If paying with a Purchase Order, please email the PO to firstname.lastname@example.org