CONTACT: Amy Tillinghast
Senior Director of Marketing & Communications
O: 614-688-2166 | C: 614-657-9526 | firstname.lastname@example.org
COLUMBUS, OHIO, MAY 6, 2019 – 89.7 NPR News, the all-day NPR news radio station of WOSU Public Media, was recognized as among the best in Ohio journalism in 2018 at Saturday’s Ohio AP Media Editors awards banquet. The state-wide division of radio stations recognized covers major markets in Ohio, including Cleveland and Cincinnati.
In a field with 327 entries featuring news, sports, weather, features, documentaries and photography, WOSU Public Media netted second place for Overall Excellence due to its number of awards.
WOSU Public Media staff brought home honors in the following categories:
- Best Feature Reporting – second place for Adora Namigadde on “Once A Top Rock Climber, Jeremy Petrovich Learns to Ascend Again”
- Best Broadcast Writing – second place for Nick Evans on “Ohio’s 12th District Rematch Pits Ground Game Against Demographics”
- Best Reporter – second place for Nick Evans
- Best Continuing Coverage – first place for Adora Namigadde on “Saving the Columbus Crew”
- Best Enterprise Reporting – first place for Paige Pfleger “Columbus Changes Needle Program Amid Community Concern”
- Best Investigative Reporting – first place for Adora Namigadde on “Rent to Own, Then Left Without a Home”
- Best Investigative Reporting – second place for Nick Evans on “Opportunity Zones Send Tax Breaks to Areas That Might Not Need Them”
- Best Digital Project – first place for Gabe Rosenberg on “Kangaroo Crossing Saga”
As stated in the bylaws of the Ohio Associated Press Media Editors Association, the main purposes of the Association are ‘to advance the profession of journalism’ and ‘to examine the news and the services of The Associated Press’.
89.7 FM NPR News is the only all-day NPR news radio station in Central Ohio and specializes in news and public affairs programming, including All Sides with Ann Fisher, Morning Edition, On Point and All Things Considered. Live audio streaming of the station is available on your smart speaker, at wosu.org, and through the free WOSU Public Media mobile app.