All WOSU positions must be applied for at jobsatosu.com. Please do not email the stations directly.
Assistant Director, Donor Relations and Stewardship
The Assistant Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship serves as part of the WOSU Public Media Advancement team and is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation, and management of comprehensive programs that ensure donors are acknowledged, recognized and shown the impact of their gifts.
With a strong emphasis on driving WOSU’s fundraising efforts forward through donor recognition and engagement, the Assistant Director manages WOSU’s stewardship program and collaborates across WOSU units to ensure donors have positive experiences that build loyalty, engagement and support for WOSU.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Advancement, the Assistant Director operates with a high degree of organization, attention to detail, critical thinking and creativity in a global capacity, and interpersonal skills for interaction with leadership, Board members, development officers, donors, and key stakeholders.
This position is responsible for proactively and independently realizing programmatic activities to include organizing and establishing priorities and managing projects with multiple deadlines and competing requirements.
The Assistant Director is expected to demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, evaluate and respond appropriately to problems, have excellent communication skills (both written and oral), and demonstrate computer competency and highly developed knowledge of Microsoft Office systems.
All members of Advancement are part of creating an inclusive culture that inspires and exceptionally diverse and talented team and are measured on their adherence to the following core competencies: Leadership, Continuous Improvement, teamwork and Collaboration, and Communication/Interpersonal Effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- One year of professional experience in development and/or donor relations
- One year of experience in program planning and administration
- Three years of professional experience in development and/or donor relations
- Experience working for a large university fundraising organization or public media organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of moves management and other development best practices
- Experience with CRM including ability to manage and track data and lists related to recognition and stewardship
September 23, 2018
Apply online at jobsatosu.com.