All WOSU positions must be applied for at jobsatosu.com. Please do not email the stations directly.
Assistant Chief Engineer
The Assistant Chief Engineer of WOSU Public Media is primarily responsible for assisting with the installation, repair and maintenance of all technical aspects of Television, Radio, IT and Digital Media and computer equipment located within all WOSU facilities.
The Assistant Chief Engineer will also assist with the installation, repair and maintenance of various RF transmission sites within the WOSU Public Media coverage area to help ensure proper operation with minimum broadcast interruptions or downtime.
The position must have a thorough understanding of analog, digital and IP-based systems and be able to integrate new technology and upgrades into the existing infrastructure as technology advances.
The Assistant Chief Engineer will be required to work in accordance with the appropriate Federal, State, Local and University rules and regulations. The position supports all the technical and engineering needs of WOSU as needed and will report to the Director of Technology.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology, Broadcast Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience maintaining digital and analog broadcast communication equipment and related IP-based equipment.
- Ability to diagnose, repair and troubleshoot broadcast communication systems.
- Ability to repair and maintain IP networks.
- Ability to work constructively with colleagues and engineering staff in a creative, collaborative, innovative, respectful, multi-unit, multiple-project environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to work well with diverse personalities and varying levels of engineering and technological knowledge/experience.
- Interested and willingness to keep abreast of industry trends and engage in practical learning in related areas.
- Must be able to lift, set-up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools and controls.
- Must be able to stand, sit, reach, climb, kneel, crawl, climb reasonable heights, work in close proximity to others, and work both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Ability to be on call 24/7/365 and have the physical stamina to work long hours and/or more than five days per week as required.
- Must have valid driver’s license in good standing and good driving record for regular travel to remote broadcast transmission sites within Ohio in all types of weather conditions.
- Experience working at a broadcast communication organization.
- SBE Certification
- Two years of relevant experience
$50,000 – $60,000 Annually