Written by: Nick Houser
Date: December 29, 2016
This past year has been an incredible 12 months for WOSU Public Media. We capped off the Columbus Neighborhoods documentaries with New Americans in January. Then in October, we turned this great project into a weekly series that airs on Thursday night along with the Emmy-winning series Broad & High.
Broad & High produced another viral video on Facebook with the artist profile of Kevin Farrell, who is also know as the world’s top selling Tupperware sales representative Dee W. Ieye.
In 2016, some of our top videos consisted of Facebook Live videos in the aftermath of the attack at Ohio State on November. Videos spotlighting American legends John Glenn and Jesse Owens were also very popular.
Overall in 2016, WOSU’s videos received more than 3.7 million views.
Here are WOSU’s 10 most popular videos of 2016:
- Artist Profile: Kevin Farrell aka Dee W. Ieye from Broad & High
- A Day in the Life of a Ballerina from Broad & High
- Ohio State Attack Press Conference No. 1
- The Man Who Knits from Broad & High
- Jesse Owens: Enduring Sprit
- John Glenn: Gold Star Mother’s Speech from John Glenn: A Life of Service
- Ohio State Attack Press Conference No. 2
- Columbus Neighborhoods Weekly Series Preview
- Edith Head & Company: Costumes and Jewelry from Broad & High
- Artist Profile: Dennis DeVendra from Broad & High
Most Popular Off Air Blog
- 89.7 NPR News
- Classical 101
- Columbus Neighborhoods
- Digital Media
- DTV transition
- HD Radio
- Ohio State University
- On Location Series
- Social Media
- WOSU Friends Board
- WOSU General
- WOSU Passport
- WOSU TV