Written by: Tom Rieland
Date: October 9, 2013
WOSU is again the proud media sponsor of the growing phenomenon called the TEDxColumbus event this Friday at COSI.Â The event is sold out, but you can still take part in viewing the day’s talks and performances:
- The McConnell Arts Center in Worthington on 161 next to Worthington High School will open their theater from 9am – 4pm and stream the talks live, should you desire to watch them with others.Â No registration is required, admission is free.
- Tune in online at www.tedxcolumbus.comÂ
This is your group of primary provocative speakers and performers on Friday —
- On the future of race in America, Michelle Alexander
- On rebuilding cities, Mohamed Ali.
- On global warming, David Bromwich .
- On gender fluidity, Gabrielle Burton.
- On revolutionizing hacking, Chris Domas.
- On finding new planets, Scott Gaudi.
- On giving back out there, when you are in there, Jim Fussell
- On a basic unmet human need, Nancy Kramer.
- On the courage to change, Decker Moss.
- On reaching deep inside the brain, Ali Rezai.
- On new rules for systems, Joe Simkins.
- On entertaining us,Â Tobin-Wilcox and The Castros.
The Castros, Tobin-WIlcox and Ly Apelado will be on stage performing their respective outstanding musical talents.
For more background on the TEDx worldwide impact, tune in to the replay of All Sides with Ann Fisher on 89.7 NPR News, which focused on TEDxColumbus last week.
Most Popular Off Air Blog
- 89.7 NPR News
- Classical 101
- Columbus Neighborhoods
- Digital Media
- DTV transition
- HD Radio
- Ohio State University
- On Location Series
- Social Media
- WOSU Friends Board
- WOSU General
- WOSU Passport
- WOSU TV