Written by: Steve Stover
Date: December 19, 2013
Wine gifts continue to be very popular. We are giving several bottles of wine, Wine Spectator magazine, wine openers, decanters, wine glasses (always the right size), and wine bags. Hopefully, you have a wine store with knowledgeable advice. Locally check out Grandview’s Spagio Cellars, one of the The Anderson’s several locations, Twisted Vine in Grandview, or one of Gentile’s two locations.
Another favorite is Penzeyâ€™s Spices, an entire store dedicated to the highest quality spices. The store on Kenny Road, just south of Henderson, smells great – six kinds of peppercorns, real vanilla, and recipes too on their website at .
Also think about cheese, Curds and Whey at the North Market.
Dine Originals Columbus also offers gift certificates through their site at dineoriginals.com
restaurant gift certificates, good at 47 locally owned restaurant, including some of Central Ohio’s best, and no need to guess your Aunt Marthaâ€™s favorite cuisine.
Food Gifts to Buy (with a Columbus flair)
- Thurnâ€™s Greenlawn Ave @ I-71, features cottage hams, smoked turkey, smoked trout, house made sausages. They are open Thursday through Saturday.
- Mom Wilsonâ€™s on Route 23 north of Delaware (tell Sue & Denny I said hello) has great smoked hams, sausages; my favorite breakfast sausage on the planet
- City Barbeque has hams, turkeys, and smoked turkey breast for the holidays
- Krema Nuts on Goodale at Northwest Blvd in Grandview offers very freshly roasted nuts of all kinds, good prices; gift packs
- Graeter’s, or Jeni’s holiday gift box, incl 6 pints + scoop + gelato spoons.
- Anthony Thomas (Buckeyes & other); chocolate stores at North Market, on the Cap on High Street in the Short North or on Fifth Avenue in Grandview.
Also check out Andersonâ€™s, Huffman’s, Hill’s Market, Weilandâ€™s, Whole Foods, and Fresh Market for that foodie on your shopping list.