A good friend recently received an award and roughly quoted Jack Benny – “I don’t deserve this, but I also don’t deserve the arthritis in my left knee and I need to accept both.”Â It’s a good line and reminded me of my arthritic knees as we watch the amazing athletes on display at the NCAA games.Â The city is hopping this weekend with the state girl’s championship at the Schott and the NCAA games at Nationwide Arena. I was at the Southern Theatre this noon and found the lobby of the adjacent Westin – Great Southern Hotel packed with soft southern accents as they hosted the team and fans from Belmont College in Nashville.Â It is a fun time of the year.Â 89.7 FM reporter Steve Brown captures some of it with a feature about the Ohio State Women’s basketball team focused on the young men who practice with the team.Â Nice piece!Â Â We also reported that the NCAA tourney will bring over $10 million to the Columbus economy this weekend. Even if it means hosting a team from that state up north, bring ‘em on.
- Maureen on Superhero Day at Easton Town Center August 2
- The Grammar Curmudgeon on The Fight for the Car Dashboard
- pcjm08 on Champion of Children Special airs Sunday at 1 pm on WOSU TV
- deanharris on Sun Shines Brightly at WOSU
- Nick Houser on Sherlock Lives – Monday night premiere of Season Three on WOSU TV