The newest Ken Burns/Lynn Novick documentary is interesting, thought-provoking, and sometimes quite funny.Â We know that alcohol has been part of American culture for a long time, but did you know that the average American over 15 years of age consumed nearly 7 gallons of pure alcohol a year in the mid-1800s?Â That’s three times as much as today.Â Alcoholism swept the country and the result was a movementÂ that would divide the country and create the term organized crime.Â See the role Westerville, Ohio had on the march toward prohibition.Â Watch the Prohibition series this Sunday, Monday and Tuesday at 8 pm on WOSU TV.
- tigersgrowl on Get Free Radio On Your Smartphone Via FM Chip
- Maureen on Superhero Day at Easton Town Center August 2
- The Grammar Curmudgeon on The Fight for the Car Dashboard
- pcjm08 on Champion of Children Special airs Sunday at 1 pm on WOSU TV
- deanharris on Sun Shines Brightly at WOSU