The General Manager and President of WBNS and ONN, Tom Griesdorn, was honored as the GM OF THE YEAR from the Broadcasting and Cable Magazine this week. Tom is an Ohio State grad, who worked in management at stations in Detroit and Cleveland before coming back to Columbus in 1999. The CBS affiliate, WBNS has been a ratings leader in Columbus for years under Tom’s leadership. I called Tom recently to ask about access to Channel 10′s film and tape archive for WOSU’s three-year COLUMBUS NEIGHBORHOODS multimedia project and Tom was felt so strongly about the importance of the project that he allowed our producers free access. ONN also regularly uses the WOSU@COSI facilities to tape some of its statewide programming. It’s great to have a community minded commercial broadcaster like Tom leading the number one station in the market!
- Maureen on Superhero Day at Easton Town Center August 2
- The Grammar Curmudgeon on The Fight for the Car Dashboard
- pcjm08 on Champion of Children Special airs Sunday at 1 pm on WOSU TV
- deanharris on Sun Shines Brightly at WOSU
- Nick Houser on Sherlock Lives – Monday night premiere of Season Three on WOSU TV