Five time Grammy winner Michael McDonald opened the Columbus Commons last night with an outstanding concert featuring many of his hits from the years with the Doobie Brothers. Our own Columbus Jazz Orchestra led by the incomparable Byron Stripling opened the evening. The free concert kicked off a weekend of activities at the Commons and the new Bicentennial Pavilion. We setup our seats and had a picnic dinner. Warning — they check your coolers and no alcohol is allowed unless you buy it on site. The Commons is quite a different experience than the lawn at Chemical Abstracts. Not quite as wide open, though the space is large. The music reverberates off all the surrounding brick buildings and with skyscrapers (Columbus version) surrounding you, it certainly feels like you are in the center of downtown. Look for more activities this weekend and Picnic with the Pops premieres at the Columbus Commons on June 15th and 16th with Three Dog Night and The Temptations. Look for our WOSU booth at the Temptations concert.
- BobT on 89.7 NPR News premieres Here & Now midday news program
- The Grammar Curmudgeon on The Fight for the Car Dashboard
- pcjm08 on Champion of Children Special airs Sunday at 1 pm on WOSU TV
- deanharris on Sun Shines Brightly at WOSU
- Nick Houser on Sherlock Lives – Monday night premiere of Season Three on WOSU TV