South High School Students Back In Classrooms After Bomb Threat

A school spokesman says the threat was phoned in around 8:10 am Tuesday. Columbus police searched the building and did not find anything suspicious.(Photo: Columbus City Schools)
A school spokesman says the threat was phoned in around 8:10 am Tuesday. Columbus police searched the building and did not find anything suspicious.(Photo: Columbus City Schools)

South High School students returned to classes about 10:30 Tuesday morning. They had been evacuated earlier in the morning after a bomb threat was called into the school.

School spokesman Andrew Marcelain says the call came just after 8 am Tuesday.

“We immediately notified Columbus Police and evacuated the building. Students are currently at Barrett Middle School as Columbus Police do a thorough search of the building to determine whether or not we can get back in,” Marcelain said.

The police canine unit conducted a search of the building and the Columbus Fire Department also did a walk through.

Comments