Last year, real-estate developer and art collector Ron Pizzuti opened the doors to the Pizzuti Collection in the Short North, a venue at which to showcase his vast art collection. After purchasing his first piece of art in 1972, he has since amassed more than 1,500 works by artists ranging from Frank Stella to Ai [...]
Suspected Serial Killer Charged
The man suspected of murdering at least three women and disposing of their bodies in an impoverished suburb of Cleveland has been charged.
At his first court appearance since being arrested Friday, 35 year old Michael Madison showed no emotion as he was charged with 3 counts each of aggravated murder and kidnapping. He faces a possible death sentence if convicted.
At a press conference, East Cleveland Mayor Gary Norton told reporters â€œ We are living in the midst of tragedy.â€
â€œThree individuals who were just minding their own business and being the good human beings that they are and were, were killed senselessly by an individual who has no regard for human life,” Norton said.
Bail for Madison was set at $6 million.
One of the three victims was discovered Friday when police responded to a complaint of a foul odor. The other two were found Saturday, after Madisonâ€™s arrest. Only one has been identified – Angela Deskins of Cleveland, who is believed to have been 38 years old. She was identified through fingerprint records.
East Cleveland Police Chief Ralph Spotts says there may still be more victims.
â€œItâ€™s going to be an ongoing investigation, weâ€™re nowhere near done,” Spotts said. “Weâ€™re receiving calls from, as you can assume, everywhere. Weâ€™re doing our best to follow up on every tip we get, every bit of information.â€
Madison waived his right to a preliminary hearing. His case has been referred from East Cleveland to the Cuyahoga County Court system.