Four people are dead in two separate accidents in Central Ohio. In Pataskala, investigators say a head-on collision on East Broad took three lives. One vehicle crossed the center line. Early this morning, the driver of a pick-up truck was killed when he slammed into a tree in a residential area south of Route 104 [...]
Ohio Kidnapping, Rape Suspect Pleads Not Guilty
A Cleveland man accused of holding three women captive in his home for more than a decade has pleaded not guilty to 512 counts of kidnapping and 446 counts of rape.
Ariel Castro previously pleaded not guilty to charges contained in a 329-count indictment.
The 53-year-old Castro entered a plea Wednesday on an expanded, 977-count indictment. The judge continued his bond at $8 million.
She repeatedly told Castro to raise his head and keep his eyes open during the brief court appearance.
The earlier indictment reflected only part of the alleged crimes’ time frame. It contains aggravated murder charges alleging that Castro purposely caused the unlawful termination of the pregnancy of one of the women.
The women disappeared separately between 2002 and 2004, when they were 14, 16 and 20 years old. Each said they had accepted a ride from Castro.
He has been jailed since his May 6 arrest.