Indiana-based artist Tasha Lewis transforms the Conservatory’s gallery with thousands of magnetic cyanotype butterflies printed on cotton fabric. Her blue butterflies hover in mid-air and seem to swarm the space, blurring the connection between the natural and artificial worlds.
Directions, Information And Schedules For Red, White & BOOM! 2013
Red, White & BOOM! begins today at noon and runs until 11 p.m. tonight. The all-day festival includes concerts on several different stages, a parade and it concludes with the Midwest’s largest firework show.
All information gathered from RedWhiteAndBoom.org
Today! July 3 from noon – 11 p.m.
Red, White & BOOM! is located in downtown Columbus surrounding the riverfront and Arena District areas.
The event is bounded north by Nationwide Blvd., south by Mound St., west by Belle St. and east by Front St.
Suggested routes to Red, White & BOOM!:
- From Southbound S.R. 315 or northbound I-71:
Take SR. 315 to Town/Rich Street ramp
- From southbound I-71:
Exit at E. Broad Street or E. Main Street
- From I-70:
Exit at Fourth Street
OR at Rich/Town Street Exit
OR take SR 315 North to the Rich.Town Street Exit
- From westbound I-670:
Follow signs to Spring Street Exit via I-71
AEP Independence Parade (6 p.m.)
- With more than 70 entries Central Ohio’s largest Independence Day Parade will step off at 6 p.m. on the Main St. Bridge.
- The parade will march east on Main St., turn north on Front St., and disband at Spring. St.
Columbia Gas’ Children’s Park (noon – 8 p.m.)
- Columbia Gas’ Children’s Park is celebrating it’s fourth year at the corner of Neil Ave. and Long St.
- This area will feature interactive activities for kids of all ages.
Taste of BOOM! (3 p.m. – 11 p.m.)
- Nationwide Blvd. will kick-off Taste of BOOM! at 3 p.m.
- This street, closed-off from Front St. to Neil Ave., will highlight fare from Columbus’ top restaurants, include two stages featuring the best local entertainment, and offer a great view of the fireworks.
For more information, visit RedWhiteAndBoom.org