Last year, real-estate developer and art collector Ron Pizzuti opened the doors to the Pizzuti Collection in the Short North, a venue at which to showcase his vast art collection. After purchasing his first piece of art in 1972, he has since amassed more than 1,500 works by artists ranging from Frank Stella to Ai [...]
Caller claims responsibility; disconnected twice
Authorities Friday said a man called police four times on Monday to claim that he was behind a series of highway shootings in Columbus.
It’s the first time someone has claimed responsibility.
Police say the calls were made over two minutes. At least two of the calls disconnected and police are investigating how that happened.
Police say the man claimed to have shot someone that day but no shootings were reported that day to a task force investigating 20 shootings in southern Franklin County.
Authorities say the man identified himself as the highway shooter at last three times. But he did not claim responsibility for the one fatal shooting or any other shootings police have connected to the case.
County Chief Deputy Steve Martin says authorities are taking the calls seriously and are trying to determine their validity.
No new shootings have been linked to the case since January 22nd when a shot was fired at a car on Interstate 71, which intersects with the outerbelt.
Shots have been fired at cars, school buses and homes. A car’s passenger was killed in November.