Holiday moods often run the gamut between joy and melancholy. And, an Ohio State University researcher says an individual’s great expectations have a bearing on whether someone smiles or frowns. College of Social Work Professor, Gilbert Greene, says the key is to identify whether stress is likely to help or hurt one’s mood.
Dramatic Inquiry – The Inquiry Phase
- Exploration thru role play. Students explore the material while they are in character
- Students choose character, and then explore motivations and circumstances
- Students explore imaginary world through the characterâ€™s eyes
- In its simplest form, inquiry might mean a student explains a new insight. More complexly, there could a lengthy discussion/debate by many students, such as: which patient might get a needed organ transplant?
- Introduce essential questions, core themes of a topic or text
- Essential questions are usually discussed as a group beforehand; core themes are restated by the teacher