A 16-year-old boy who was living in a group foster home when he was accused of fatally stabbing a jogger in a central Ohio park last year will be sentenced to life in prison as part of a plea agreement.
Dramatic Inquiry – The Inquiry Phase
- Exploration thru role play. Students explore the material while they are in character
- Students choose character, and then explore motivations and circumstances
- Students explore imaginary world through the character’s eyes
- In its simplest form, inquiry might mean a student explains a new insight. More complexly, there could a lengthy discussion/debate by many students, such as: which patient might get a needed organ transplant?
- Introduce essential questions, core themes of a topic or text
- Essential questions are usually discussed as a group beforehand; core themes are restated by the teacher