Many teenagers express who they are through their clothes. But for teens in foster care, getting new clothes is a luxury. Two non-profits came to Columbus Friday looking to change that.
Dramatic Inquiry – Teaching Language Arts Through ‘MacBeth’
- Built working ensemble (needed deep participation, started with games, how to play together)
- Explored language in certain passages, saying words out loud, discussing meaning
- Students built a shared, imaginary space
- Explored themes such as ‘valor,’ ‘worthiness,’ ‘courage’
- Students switched roles
- Analyzed vocabulary and character traits, oration, explored viewpoints
- Essential question is introduced: When is killing right or wrong?
Teacher – Lorraine Gaughenbaugh, Reynoldsburg, OH, 3rd grade, 21 students