Childhood innocence and generosity are apparent in a Dublin boy who mailed his allowance money to the University of Alabama at Birmingham’s football team. The financially-struggling program will end this season. Sitting down with WOSU, Bennett Williams expresses interest in continuing his mission to help.
Dramatic Inquiry – Teaching Language Arts Through â€˜MacBethâ€™
- Built working ensemble (needed deep participation, started with games, how to play together)
- Explored language in certain passages, saying words out loud, discussing meaning
- Students built a shared, imaginary space
- Explored themes such as â€˜valor,â€™ â€˜worthiness,â€™ â€˜courageâ€™
- Students switched roles
- Analyzed vocabulary and character traits, oration, explored viewpoints
- Essential question is introduced: When is killing right or wrong?
Teacher – Lorraine Gaughenbaugh, Reynoldsburg, OH, 3rd grade, 21 students