Ohio’s agricultural interests are recovering from a black eye caused by toxic algae this summer. Now farm groups, academia, and environmental agencies say they’ll spend millions of dollars to keep commercial fertilizer and manure nutrients on the field and out Northwest Ohio streams that feed western Lake Erie.
Dramatic Inquiry – Teaching Language Arts Through â€˜MacBethâ€™
- Built working ensemble (needed deep participation, started with games, how to play together)
- Explored language in certain passages, saying words out loud, discussing meaning
- Students built a shared, imaginary space
- Explored themes such as â€˜valor,â€™ â€˜worthiness,â€™ â€˜courageâ€™
- Students switched roles
- Analyzed vocabulary and character traits, oration, explored viewpoints
- Essential question is introduced: When is killing right or wrong?
Teacher – Lorraine Gaughenbaugh, Reynoldsburg, OH, 3rd grade, 21 students