With more bicyclists on the road, drivers have to learn to share. While fewer cyclists were hurt on Ohio roads last year, fatalities ticked up slightly. Ohio driver’s ed instruction has been slow to keep up with the rising number of bicycle commuters. But student drivers are learning more than ever about how to co-exist with cyclists.
Dramatic Inquiry – Teaching Language Arts Through ‘MacBeth’
- Built working ensemble (needed deep participation, started with games, how to play together)
- Explored language in certain passages, saying words out loud, discussing meaning
- Students built a shared, imaginary space
- Explored themes such as ‘valor,’ ‘worthiness,’ ‘courage’
- Students switched roles
- Analyzed vocabulary and character traits, oration, explored viewpoints
- Essential question is introduced: When is killing right or wrong?
Teacher – Lorraine Gaughenbaugh, Reynoldsburg, OH, 3rd grade, 21 students