Two Libertarian candidates for statewide office in Ohio have been tossed from the May primary ballot by the state elections chief.
Dramatic Inquiry – Teaching Language Arts Through ‘MacBeth’
- Built working ensemble (needed deep participation, started with games, how to play together)
- Explored language in certain passages, saying words out loud, discussing meaning
- Students built a shared, imaginary space
- Explored themes such as ‘valor,’ ‘worthiness,’ ‘courage’
- Students switched roles
- Analyzed vocabulary and character traits, oration, explored viewpoints
- Essential question is introduced: When is killing right or wrong?
Teacher – Lorraine Gaughenbaugh, Reynoldsburg, OH, 3rd grade, 21 students