Four people are dead in two separate accidents in Central Ohio. In Pataskala, investigators say a head-on collision on East Broad took three lives. One vehicle crossed the center line. Early this morning, the driver of a pick-up truck was killed when he slammed into a tree in a residential area south of Route 104 [...]
Dramatic Inquiry – Introduction
Dramatic inquiry demonstrates how techniques such as role playing, movement, and active listening are used in the classroom to explore complex ideas and problems.
- Dynamic, hands-on, interactive
- Â Hybrid of pretend play, theatrical form, and inquiry-based approaches
- Can be used to teach literature, science, language arts, or social studies
- Â Teacher has to create safe space
- Students slip into the minds of the characters
- Role play goes into just character at time. Dramatic inquiry explores many characters, and how they interact, how themes emerge from the interactions. Students may switch roles.
- Learning authentically, connecting the text to real life
Teacher: Andrea McCallister, 9th grade