Colleges and universities face a new challenge: fewer potential students. They’ve been told for years to brace for a decline in prospective students as the number of high school grads was expected to decline. WOSU talked with some industry experts to find out how they’ve prepared to compete for scholars.
Dramatic Inquiry – Ignition
How to use ignition as part of dramatic inquiry in the classroom
- Exploration thru role play. Students explore the material while they are in character
- Students choose character, and then explore motivations and circumstances
- Students explore imaginary world through the character’s eyes
- In its simplest form, inquiry might mean a student explains a new insight. More complexly, there could a lengthy discussion/debate by many students, such as: which patient might get a needed organ transplant?
- Introduce essential questions, core themes of a topic or text
- Essential questions are usually discussed as a group beforehand; core themes are restated by the teacher