Program Support Through Underwriting
Public broadcasting’s alternative to advertising is underwriting: organizations and corporations provide funds to underwrite WOSU Public Media’s quality programming. These contributions are important sources of financial support for WOSU and make up 11% of our operating budget.
A WOSU development officer can assist you in creating an underwriting message that maximizes your on-air exposure. WOSU can offer your business a variety of underwriting packages. Set up an appointment today to review your marketing plan and the benefits of underwriting on WOSU Public Media.
Christine Sadic, Program Support and Foundation Giving Manager
Benefits of Program Support
Underwriting on WOSU Public Media allows your business to achieve multiple marketing goals through a single media outlet.
As a WOSU underwriter, your business can:
- Target Specific Audiences. Influential audiences of opinion leaders will see and hear your message.
- Heighten Awareness. WOSU can help put your business in the spotlight.
- Effectively Communicate Your Company Message. Your company message will be seen and heard in an uncluttered media environment.
- Demonstrate Your Company’s Commitment to the Community. Underwriting with WOSU Public Media demonstrates your corporate philanthropy to the community and highlights your company’s active civic involvement.
- Build Name Recognition. Underwriting is a great way to familiarize the public with your business identity.
- Improve Your Bottom Line. Underwriting is a smart, cost-efficient, and effective use of marketing and public relations dollars. Stretch your marketing dollars into tax deductions for your business by financially supporting WOSU Public Media. Your underwriting dollars are tax-deductible as permitted by law for 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations.
What Our Supporters Are Saying
“Marburn Academy is an enthusiastic supporter of public broadcasting and 89.7 NPR News. Underwriting public radio programs like Morning Edition, All Things Considered, and All Sides with Ann Fisher gives our school an expanded presence in the community and the ability to reach our target audience. Implementing a consistent underwriting strategy on 89.7 FM has definitely helped us increase attendance at all our events. Making room in our marketing budget for underwriting on WOSU has been a great decision.”
—Nancy Paul, Marburn Academy
Director of Communication and PR