SB 5 Backers Fire Back
This week, WOSU Public Media’s “Columbus on the Record” panelists discuss the Ohio Senate Bill 5 backers, who have started running Pro-SB5 ads, including one with a former firefighter.
Other topics: Lawmakers move closer to carving up Ohio’s congressional districts; Ohio Senate aides get raises soon after budget cuts; Barack Obama gives unions his support; and is Columbus safer than it was on September 11, 2001?
- Karen Kasler (Ohio Public Radio)
- Mark Niquette (Bloomberg News)
- Bob Clegg (Republican Strategist)
- Sandy Theis (Democratic Strategist)
- Building a Better Ohio (Pro SB5) unveiled its first TV ad, featuring Toledo Mayor Mike Bell, a former firefighter (The Dayton Daily News)
- The Republican Governors Association will begin running TV commercials defending limits on collective bargaining (The Columbus Dispatch)
- Vice President Joe Biden appeases union base at the AFL-CIO’s Labor Day picnic (The Columbus Dispatch)
- The Republican-controlled legislature must redraw Ohio’s congressional districts to match new census numbers (The Columbus Dispatch)
- How much has 9/11 increased the cost of security, and are we really any safer? (WOSU Public Media)
- Ten years later, Muslims continue to struggle with acceptance within the Columbus community (WOSU Public Media)