SB 5 Backers Fire Back
This week, WOSU Public Media’s “Columbus on the Record” panelists discuss the Ohio Senate Bill 5 backers, who have started running Pro-SB5 ads, including one with a former firefighter.
Other topics: Lawmakers move closer to carving up Ohioâ€™s congressional districts; Ohio Senate aides get raises soon after budget cuts; Barack Obama gives unions his support; and is Columbus safer than it was on September 11, 2001?
- Karen Kasler (Ohio Public Radio)
- Mark NiquetteÂ (Bloomberg News)
- Bob Clegg (Republican Strategist)
- Sandy TheisÂ (Democratic Strategist)
- Building a Better Ohio (Pro SB5) unveiled its first TV ad, featuring Toledo Mayor Mike Bell, a former firefighter (The Dayton Daily News)
- The Republican Governors Association will begin running TV commercials defending limits on collective bargainingÂ (The Columbus Dispatch)
- Vice President Joe Biden appeases union base at the AFL-CIOâ€™s Labor Day picnic Â (The Columbus Dispatch)
- The Republican-controlled legislature must redraw Ohioâ€™s congressional districts to match new census numbersÂ (The Columbus Dispatch)
- How much has 9/11 increased the cost of security, and are we really any safer?Â (WOSU Public Media)
- Ten years later, Muslims continue to struggle with acceptance within the Columbus community (WOSU Public Media)