Ohio Offers $400 Million to Lure Sears to the State
This week, WOSU Public Media’s “Columbus on the Record” panelists discuss how Ohio is offering $400 million in incentives to lure Searsâ€™ corporate headquarters away from Illinois to Ohio, far more than Illinois was preparing to offer to keep the retailer.
Also: Ohioâ€™s slow implementation of the federal healthcare law; John Kasichâ€™s softer tone; former Ohio governor Ted Strickland takes on presidential candidate Mitt Romney; and Ohio State hires Urban Meyer as its new football coach.
- Catherine Candisky (The Columbus Dispatch)
- Reginald Fields (The Plain Dealer)
- Greg Haas (Democratic Strategist)
- Mark Weaver (Republican Strategist)
- As Illinois debates Sears tax break, Ohio ups the ante (The Courier-News – Chicago Sun Times)
- Ohio is dragging its feet on health-insurance exchanges (Ohio Public Radio)
- John Kasich ponders the road ahead in view of Issue 2 defeat, poor approval rating (The Plain Dealer)
- Strickland leads attacks on Romney (The Columbus Dispatch)
- Urban Meyer is introduced as the new OSU football coach (WOSU)