Westside Columbus Casino Breaks Ground
This week Columbus on the Record panelists discuss the Columbus casino, which broke ground ground despite disputes with the City of Columbus.
Also: how Ohio GOP lawmakers are planning to make changes to Governor’s John Kasich’s education budget; questions arise about how to grade and pay teachers; and former Ohio secretary of state Ken Blackwell is considering a run for U.S. Senate.
- The casino breaks ground (WOSU)
- Ohio GOP lawmakers plan changes to Gov. John Kasich’s education budget (The Plain Dealer)
- State Senator Tim Grendell says parent questionnaires to have a role in setting teacher pay (politifact.com)
- Blackwell considers U.S. Senate Bid (The Columbus Dispatch)
- An analysis finds that the school districts that would feel the deepest cuts are those where taxpayers are making the least effort to fund their schools (The Columbus Dispatch)
- Ann Fisher (WOSU 89.7)
- Julie Carr Smyth (The Associated Press )
- Greg Haas (Democratic Consultant)
- Mary Anne Sharkey (Public Affairs Consultant)