Ohio as a GOP Presidential Battleground
This week, WOSU Public Media’s “Columbus on the Record” panelists discuss how would Republican presidential candidates fare in Ohio, which might again turn into a key battleground.
Other topics: State data reviewed by the Associated Press that show eight in 10 unionized government workers in Ohio would pay more toward their health insurance premiums if voters retain a new collective bargaining law (Issue 2) in November; Republicans struggle with â€œHeartbeatâ€ abortion bill; Ohio’s energy future; and the ongoing OSU football investigation.
- Karen Kasler (Ohio Public Radio/TV)
- William Hershey (Dayton Daily News)
- Terry Casey (Republican Strategist)
- Sandy Theis (Democratic Strategist)
- Most Ohio union workers are affected by insurance rule (AP)
- Senate President Tom Niehaus â€œdistressedâ€ over split on abortion bill (Cincinnati.com)
- â€œWe are the poster child for compliance” – E. Gordon Gee (The Columbus Dispatch)
- Â Ohio looking like key state – again – in 2012 presidential election (The Plain Dealer)