John Kasichâ€™s First Six Months in Office
This week, Columbus on the Record panelists discuss Governor John Kasich’s first six months in office, what he’s accomplished, and what’s still to come.
Also: The Ohio Board of Education chose Stan W. Heffner as the new state superintendent; Kasich asks ‘How to evaluate teachers?’; Private, non-profit JobsOhio begins its work; and a discussion over public records.
- Cathy Candisky (The Columbus Dispatch)
- Jo Ingles (Ohio Public Radio)
- Gene Krebs (Greater Ohio Policy Center)
- Joseph Mas (Ohio Hispanic Coalition)
- Jim Leftwich is resigning as director of the Development DepartmentÂ (Business First)
- Gov. John Kasich formally introduces his JobsOhio board members (The Plain Dealer)
- Kasich asks teachers to design merit-pay planÂ (The Columbus Dispatch)
- Interim leader Stan W. Heffner is Ohio’s new superintendent, a surprise pick (The Columbus Dispatch)
- ESPN sues Ohio State in public records suit related to tattoos for memorabilia scandal (The Plain Dealer)