John Kasich’s First Six Months in Office
This week, Columbus on the Record panelists discuss Governor John Kasich’s first six months in office, what he’s accomplished, and what’s still to come.
Also: The Ohio Board of Education chose Stan W. Heffner as the new state superintendent; Kasich asks ‘How to evaluate teachers?’; Private, non-profit JobsOhio begins its work; and a discussion over public records.
- Cathy Candisky (The Columbus Dispatch)
- Jo Ingles (Ohio Public Radio)
- Gene Krebs (Greater Ohio Policy Center)
- Joseph Mas (Ohio Hispanic Coalition)
- Jim Leftwich is resigning as director of the Development Department (Business First)
- Gov. John Kasich formally introduces his JobsOhio board members (The Plain Dealer)
- Kasich asks teachers to design merit-pay plan (The Columbus Dispatch)
- Interim leader Stan W. Heffner is Ohio’s new superintendent, a surprise pick (The Columbus Dispatch)
- ESPN sues Ohio State in public records suit related to tattoos for memorabilia scandal (The Plain Dealer)