An Analyis of Ohio Jobs, Taxes, and Business
A Columbus on the Record Special: How Big a Role Does Government Play in Creating Jobs?
- Where does Ohio rank in terms of taxes?
- Are tax incentives for businesses necessary, or just giveaways?
- How much do tax breaks matter when a business is considering a location?
- Where does Ohio rank in terms of business regulations?
- Where does Ohio rank in terms of ‘Business-Friendliness?’
- Doug Buchannan (Columbus Business First)
- Mark Niquette (Bloomberg News)
- Lisa Patt-McDaniel (former development director, Ohio Department of Development)
- William Raabe (Ohio State University)
- Ohio remains low when it comes to business and careers, but ranks high for regulatory environment and quality of life (Dayton Business Journal)
- Ohio’s 2011 business tax climate ranks 46th (The Tax Foundation)
- Ohio has substantially lowered the cost of doing business in the state (OhioMeansBuiness.com)
- Ohio is number 3 in business-tax ranking for new investment (The Columbus Dispatch)