A New Bailout Plan for the Blue Jackets
This week, WOSU Public Media’s “Columbus on the Record” panelists discuss a plan developed by Franklin County and Columbus leaders to keep the Blue Jackets, but it calls for the county and city to use gambling money to buy Nationwide Arena.
Other topics: President Obama brings his Jobs Plan to Ohio; a redistricting map created new Franklin County congressional district; and two studies disagree about how much more union employees are getting compensated that non-union employees.
- Cathy Candisky (The Columbus Dispatch)
- Bill Cohen (Ohio Public Radio)
- Michael Cole (Democratic Strategist)
- Mary Anne Sharkey (Public Affairs Consultant)
- President Obama touts jobs bill at Columbus-area school (WOSU Public Media)
- If speeches created jobs, any Ohioan who needs work could find it (The Plain Dealer)
- Casino tax revenues would finance the public purchase of Nationwide Arena, under a proposed deal (The Columbus Dispatch)
- Dennis Kucinich sees new district as a positive (The Plain Dealer)
- Analysis says only 2 of 16 congressional seats competitive (The Columbus Dispatch)