Columbus health officials say they’ve confirmed 2 cases of mumps at Columbus State Community College as an outbreak of the illness continues.
Columbus Speaks: Women, War, and Peace
Representatives of several refugee communities in Columbus talk about the issues raised in the PBS series Women, War, and Peace, and Nasro’s Journey, a film by Tariq Tarey and Doug Rutledge about a Somali refugee in Columbus.
- Marian Ghed, director of United Somali Refugee Women
- Khadra Mohamed, who works with the Center for Somali Women’s Advancement
- Debarati Bardhan, president of Asha-Ray of Hope, which supports and counsels victims of domestic violence in Ohio, especially in the South East Asian community
- Nadia Kasvin; the co-founder of US Together, Incorporated, a refugee resettlement agency affiliated with the national Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society
- Nga Nguyen, Community Liaison Coordinator for US Together
- Suhad Koshan, a refugee from Iraq who resettled in Columbus.