Columbus Symphony Picnic With The Pops Starts This Weekend
The 2011 Columbus Symphony‘s popular summer concert seriesÂ Picnic with the Pops begins this Saturday, June 18.
Performances continue each Saturday through July (with the exception of the OSU Marching Band performance on July 29, a Friday) at 8:15 PM on the lawn of the Chemical Abstracts Service (map).
Here is this year’s schedule:
- June 18 – The Jazz Ambassadors
- June 25 – The Music of Michael Jackson
- July 2 – Patriotic Pops
- July 9 – Chris Botti
- July 16 – Daryl Stuermer (of Genesis and Phil Collins)
- July 23 – The Spinners
- July 29 – The Ohio State University Marching Band
- July 30 – The Ohio State University Marching Band
Details about the performances and ticket information can be found on the Columbus Symphony website.
If you’re looking for more summer concert ideas, check out our Complete Guide to Ohio Summer Classical Music Festivals.