Begin Site Navigation
Quiz for Caregivers
1.____ out of every three Ohioans over the age of 50 is a caregiver.
2. True of False: Caregivers are usually older people helping a spouse or other older person.
3. True of False: Most caregivers are helping a spouse or grandparent.
4. The greatest need among caregivers is:
a. Managing stress
b. Talking with doctors
c. Balancing responsibilities
d. Finding a respite
5. Caregivers can find assistance at which of the following:
a. Their area agency on aging.
c. A support group.
d. The library.
e. All of the above.
6. True of False: A health care consumer's family physician cares for them in a hospital, a nursing home and an assisted-living facility.
7. True of False: The first rule of caregiving is "Take care of the caregiver."
8. Which of the following does not contribute to caregiver stress?
a. No choice in taking on the role of caregiver.
b. Handling caregiving duties without assistance.
c. Pushing oneself to be a better caregiver.
d. Finding care for the friend or family member, and taking a few hours to focus on the needs of the caregiver.
1. A. 1 out of every 3 Ohioans is a caregiver.
2. False. The average age of caregivers in Ohio is 45 years old.
3. False. 27% of caregivers are helping a mother.
4. D. Respite. 37% of caregivers surveyed for NACG and AARP said their greatest need was "finding time for myself."
5. E. All of the above.
6. False. There is no guarantee that the family doctor will have privileges at a hospital where one of their patients is taken, and they rarely have access to their patients who are in a nursing home or other long-term care facility. These facilities have their own doctors.
7. True. If a caregiver fails to take care of him/herself, they are less able to care for anyone else.
1. D. Find time for yourself!