STEM Programs and the Shortage of Future Scientists and Engineers
Recent reports show that we have a shortage in students majoring in the the STEM areas: science, technology, engineering andÂ mathematics. But why? What’s the problem? And how are high schools and universities working to combat the issue?
- Eric Fingerhut (Vice President, Education and STEM Learning, Battelle)
- Susan Olesik, (Chair, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, The Ohio State University)
- David Tomasko (Associate Dean, Undergraduate Education and Student Services, College of Engineering, The Ohio State University)
- Brian Geniusz (Science and Health Curriculum Leader, Worthington Schools)
- Helen Chen (participant, Ohioâ€™s Science and Engineering Talent Expansion Program)