School Shooting in Cleveland/Making OSU Veteran-Friendly
A school shooting at Chardon High School in Cleveland quickly made national headlines on a Monday morning. Unfortunately, it’s not the first school shooting of its kind and it probably will not be the last. So, how do we prepare for school shootings in order to increase survival?
- Larry Banaszak (Chief of Police, Otterbein University)
For most young soldiers returning to the U.S., getting a college degree and starting a career is a priority. But how can faculty ensure that a university is a veteran-friendly place?
- Kyle Hausmann-Stokes (filmmaker and U.S. Army Veteran)
- Michael Carrell (retired Colonel, U.S. Air Force and Veterans Resource Analyst, OSU Office of Undergraduate Education)
- Angela King (OSU student and Navy Veteran)
- Robin Post (Director, InterACT, OSU Theatre)
“Today’s Veteran: Creating a Supportive Educational Environment” is a one day conference for OSU faculty. The event will be held on Monday, March 5, 2012 in the Cartoon room of the Ohio Union. Click here for more information.