Redrawing Districts in Ohio
2011 is the year for redistricting.
Congressional and legislative districts will be redrawn as a result of the 2010 National Census. In Ohio, two congressional districts will be lost because of a drop in population.
Today on All Sides with Ann Fisher we look at what shapes the districts could take for current congressional seats…What does it mean for the voters in Ohio when Republicans hold a congressional seat advantage over Democrats – 13 to 5? Will that advantage increase as districts are redrawn? We’ll find out…
- Daniel Tokaji (Professor of Law and Senior Fellow with Election Law at OSU Moritz College of Law)
- Catherine Turcer (Ohio Citizen Action)
- Jon Husted (Ohio Secretary of State)
- Justin Levitt (Associate Professor of Law, Loyola Law School)
Read More – Ohio Redistricting Competition:
- Official site as part of the Secretary of State’s “Ohio Redistricting Competition”