Montessori Education Methods/ Young Musicians Performing for Cause
Maria Montessori envisioned a classroom where students utilize movement, imagination, and creativity to develop the crucial skills like problem solving and critical thinking. The first Montessori school opened more than 100 years ago and it’s methods are still used today. But since that time what’s changed? On this hour, we talk about education philosophies.
- Angeline Lillard (Psychology Professor, University of Virginia)
The organization Children Helping Children, International was created in Columbus and enlists kids in the United States to help other kids around the globe. Children help by creating fleece blankets that are sent to orphanages around the globe. Last year 303 blankets were created and sent to Georgia, where the number of kids orphaned from the AIDS epidemic alone totaled nearly 70,000.
- Boyce Lancaster (WOSU Classical 101 Host)
- Tatiana Zunshine (Executive Director, Children Helping Children, Int.)
- Ariel Horowitz (Violinist)
- The Columbus-based non-profit organization Children Helping Children, Int. is having its annual children’s concert on Sun., Nov. 13. A select group of talented young musicians will perform at 3pm, at Jones Middle School Auditorium (2100 Arlington Ave., Columbus OH 43221). For more information visit www.chcintl.org.