Freedom to Marry Movement: Two Sides
Just as lawmakers in Washington state consider and pass legislation that would permit same sex marriage there, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in California affirmed a lower court ruling that abolished that stateâ€™s same sex marriage ban: voter-approved Proposition 8. On this hour of “All Sides,” weâ€™ll hear the latest from Washington, hear from two sides of the issue and get a preview of a Columbus freedom to marry event.
- Marc Spindelman (Professor, OSU Moritz College of Law)
- Lornet Turnbull (reporter, Seattle Times)
- John Eastman (Chairman, National Organization for Marriage and Law Professor, Chapman University)
- Rev. Mark Belletini (First Unitarian Universalist Church)
- Ray Nandyal (Co-Chair Justice Action Ministry, First Unitarian Universalist Church)
â€œFreedom to Love, Freedom to Marryâ€ is an interfaith rededication and solidarity celebration on Sunday, Feb. 12 at 4 p.m. at First Unitarian Universalist Church on 93 W. Weisheimer Road.