Billy Elliot, the Musical/Gender Sterotypes Facing Young Boys
In Billy Elliot’s world, the rules of boyhood are strictly defined. And when Billy questions and defies those rules, his father tries to break him and fails. That’s the story behind the film “Billy Elliot” and the Broadway show of the same name, now playing at the Palace Theater. Join us on this hour of “All Sides,” as we talk to director of the BalletMet academy, as well as a BalletMet dancer about boys in the world of dance.
- Rich Hebert ( Billy Elliot Cast member)
- Cullen Titmus (Billy Elliot Cast member)
- Jackson Sarver (BalletMet Dancer)
- Susan Brooker (Ballet Met Academy Director)
- William Pollack (psychologist and author)