Careers at WOSU
IMPORTANT: All WOSU positions must be applied for at jobsatosu.com. Please do not email the stations directly.
Student Graphic Designer
Are you a student of Ohio State studying design? Do you have a passion for typography, design detail and/or visual communication? Would you like to gain practical design experience while working on your degree? If so, you may be able to help WOSU Public Media create branded materials and advertisements—all while adding to your portfolio of work.
- Create advertisements in various formats for in-house programs and services. These media include—but are not limited to—web, flyers, signs, banners, and print advertisements.
- Work with staff Graphic Designer to create in-house publications such as brochures, pamphlets and the WOSU program guide, Airfare.
- Create and manage efficient design work submission processes.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
The Student Graphic Designer reports to WOSU’s staff Graphic Designer/Associate Editor.
All student assistants ultimately report to WOSU’s Director of Marketing and Communications and work collaboratively with all members of the WOSU staff.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have knowledge of and proficiency using design software including Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- Must be able to demonstrate the use of type in practical applications. It is preferred that you have some experience creating print and web graphics, flyers, and other promotional materials. (If you have taken a typography course, it is recommended that you note it on your resume.)
- Must be able to efficiently create media to WOSU department standards.
- Must be comfortable working with deadlines.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to learn.
- Must have good communication skills and ability to project a professional image.
- Assist WOSU staff with additional requests as they arise.
- Maintain a neat and clean work area.
Student Graphic Designer will work a flexible schedule tailored to the needs of the WOSU staff and the availability of the student. A minimum of 10 hours per week are required between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. A maximum of 20 hours are available.
Interviews will include a portfolio review. Student work demonstrating basic design skills and/or Adobe program knowledge is acceptable. Examples of work featuring some typography preferred.
Apply for this position by sending a resume to Ann Draghi.
Student TV Promotions Assistant
- Digitize and edit weekly promotions
- Update weekly billboards
- Production assistant at promotional shoots and Pledge Drives
- Assist with additional promotional assignments
- Run video hardware for studio productions
- Aid in administrative work
- Must have beginner’s knowledge of Premiere and Final Cut Pro
- Must be Mac proficient
- Knowledge of Photoshop and After Effects
- Ability to quickly pick up new technology
- Must have basic knowledge of operating TV Production Cameras and Equipment
Student will work a flexible schedule tailored to the needs of the WOSU staff and the availability of the student. A maximum of 10 hours per week are required between 8am – 5pm Monday through Friday.
Candidate must provide a class schedule, resume, and work samples/demo (web links preferred), and must be able to work some evenings in the event of a live pledge broadcast.
Email resumes: firstname.lastname@example.org