Careers at WOSU
IMPORTANT: All WOSU positions must be applied for at jobsatosu.com. Please do not email the stations directly.
WOSU Public Media and 89.7 NPR News is looking for an energetic multimedia journalist who can report for radio. We are looking for a self-starter who knows how to spot a good story and how to get it; someone who has a proven track record publishing on the web and social media and has a confident voice and style for public radio.
The reporter will cover a variety of stories for radio and the web, producing quick turnaround spot reports, compelling interviews, and longer in-depth, issue-oriented pieces on a regular basis. The successful candidate must have the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and thrive in a diverse, creative, team-oriented atmosphere.
WOSU Public Media / 89-7 NPR News is a leader in delivering news, information and thoughtful analysis to more than 150,000 weekly listeners in Central Ohio. WOSU has been named Ohio’s Best Radio News Operation five of the past six years by The Society for Professional Journalists. WOSU’s mission is to provide comprehensive, in-depth, and enterprising coverage of local, national, and global events.
- Reports on important issues affecting Central Ohio and produce compelling, in-depth stories for radio and the web; engage WOSU Public Media users on social media and reports local news from WOSU for national programming providers as appropriate. (80%)
- Serves as fill-in news anchor and local host of WOSU Public Media / NPR News Magazines. (5%)
- Participates in on-air fundraising. (5%)
- Participates in promotional activities in the community; represents WOSU to the industry and community. (5%)
- Other duties as assigned. (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communication or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- At least 2 years’ experience in multi-media/ broadcast journalism; public media experience desired.
- Demonstrable broadcast writing skills, professional quality voice and engaging on-air air presence.
- Demonstrable ability to report for the web and other digital channels.
- Valid driver’s license.
November 8, 2015
Please submit a resume, cover letter and web links to samples of work.
To apply for this position YOU MUST complete the application process online at jobsatosu.com.